Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blog Post #1


I met with one of the education advisors prior to this semester, and that was when I first heard a brief description of the EDM310 course.  Even the advisors told me that it was a very difficult class and to prepare myself. This of course raised my anxiety to new heights! Especially since I’m not the most tech savvy person.  Going in, I was feeling intimidated and scared of what to expect.  It didn't help that I have heard from so many other students that they could not pass the first time taking the course.  I did appreciate how Mr. Tashbin talked to the class and explained how they are all here to help us and want us to succeed.  Tashbin did help calm my nerves about the entire course.  I can tell EDM310 will be different from other classes that I have taken.  One way being that I have never taken a course which did not require me to take quizzes or tests.  Also, it seems to be a lot of independent teaching and learning which makes me feel uneasy.  The last computer course I took was your basic CIS class, which gave me step by step instructions on my assignments.  This is definitely not the teaching format for EDM310 , which may benefit me in the long run.  I think my biggest difficulties in this class will be learning how to use the technology in the appropriate way to complete my work on time.  Also, the time required to be successful in this course may be difficult considering all of the other courses I am taking this semester.  I believe the best way to approach my difficulties would be for me not to become so frustrated with technology (which Iv had problems with),  and to manage my time more appropriately to pass this course. Getting my work submitted on time will also help my difficulties.  These things are important, but the best tool to tackle my difficulties would be to not hesitate to ask for help.  Since it is only the first week of class, I do not have any questions, but I can assure you that I will! I just hope the instructors can teach the class the steps to completing the assignments in an understanding manner.  Especially since everyone is not on the same learning level when it comes to technology.  

No comments:

Post a Comment