Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

I. Introduction of myself 
  a.)  Name, age, where I grew up
  b.)  Not married or have kids
  c.)  What I enjoy
  d.)  Community college

II. About me continued..
   a.)  Degree in education
   b.)  Why I want to be an educator
   c.) Technology and teaching




Hi everyone!

My name is Erika Owen and I am a junior at the University of South Alabama.  I’m 21 years old, but I will be 22 in June.  I grew up in Chickasaw, but when I was twelve my mother, sister, and I moved to Mobile and I have lived here ever since. I hope to move somewhere far away when the time is right.  Alabama has been a nice place to live and grow up in, but I don’t wish to be here forever.  I’m neither married nor do I have any children.  Although I hope to in a couple of years.  I love music and animals probably more than anything. I also enjoy  music festivals! I have a cat and a hedgehog of my own.  They get along believe it or not.  I currently work at Bath & Body Works in the Bel Air Mall.  I actually have a lot of fun working there. I graduated from Faulkner State Community College last year with an associates in science.   The transition from Faulkner to USA as been quite different.  Originally, I was going to school for speech science, but had a change of heart.

I decided a few months ago to change my major to elementary education for a number of reasons.  One being the impact I can make on children’s lives.  I have always enjoyed being around kids, and being able to help them learn and mold their minds would be awesome.  Especially if I can do it in fun creative ways!  Another reason I chose to pursue a degree in elementary education is I think my personality, caring instinct, and skills learned here at USA will make me an excellent future elementary school teacher.  I also like the scheduling and the energy in the classroom.  I know I will learn useful strategies and skills in EDM310 that will be beneficial for my future students and overwhelmingly rewarding in this day in time.  Ultimately because technology is so widely used in the teaching world or just the world in general and is increasing everyday. Taking a multimedia approach to kids can keep them interested and learning at the same time. 


This is Melvin
hedgehog

No comments:

Post a Comment