Saturday, February 14, 2015

Blog Post #5

http://oaklandschoolsmi.com/2013/08/08/pln/
PLN means personal learning network.  This is pretty much a gather of tools and people to help and consult you on gaining information, or as Dr. Strange puts it, “It is those people, places, organizations and activities which enable you to learn.” Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, and blogger are a few examples of a PLN.  Personal Learning Networks can be extremely useful for educators.  A PLN can help you gain knowledge each and every day.  As a teacher, you can follow other educators on networks such as Twitter, to connect and share concepts and ideas. Michael Fawcett shared how making a PLN has impacted his educational life, in the video “Michael Fawcett Discusses his PLN.” Thanks to his PLN, NASA actually answered one of his questions via Twitter! By reaching out with other educators, you can exchange new sites, blogs web tools, youtube videos,and other useful tools and resources to expand classroom opportunities.  Thanks to EDM310, I have already began to create my PLN.  I now am a frequent blogger and I recently created a twitter.  Although I have not really gotten into twitter very much, I plan to so that I can follow people that can share interesting and helpful ideas.  PLNs allow you to learn constantly as long as you are willing to.  I am also building my PLN by leaving comments for teachers on blogs, as well as students.  I still have a tremendous amount to add to my PLN, but I agree with Dr. Strange that Twitter is the most useful.  I look forward to see how much my PLN has expanded a year from now.  




2 comments:

  1. Good post, but remember in the email this week it said that all posts need to be substantial in length. More details are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, your blog post was valid and straight to the point. I think it is a good thing how you added active links within your post to Twitter to give the readers an example of a PLN. IT may not have been a very long post, but sometimes you have to choose quality rather than quantity.

    ReplyDelete