Wednesday, February 25, 2015

C4K Summary for February



C4K#1:
I was assigned Gabby D. in Mrs. Weil’s forth grade class at Kansas Elementary, for my C4K #1.  In Gabby’s post, “When I am Writing Fiction………..,” she is discussing her thoughts on writing fictional stories.  Gabby also tells us how she doesn’t like writing about things that are too ridiculous because it starts to distract her.  She talks about how she loves reading because it helps her realize when words are misspelled.  She used great detail in her writing and had great spelling.  

Below is my comment for Gabby D.’s post, “When I am Writing Fiction………..”:

Gabby, 
I enjoyed reading your thoughts on fictional writing. That’s great that you love reading. Reading also expands your vocabulary, which can help you become a better writer. Your use of complete sentences and detail is excellent! 

-Erika Owen

C4K#2: 
I was assigned Daquan in Mrs. Leatherford’s 8th grade Language Arts class 8-3, for my C4K#2.  In Daquan’s post, “Largest Rodent,” he is describing beavers!  Daquan included so many facts about beavers in his post and even provided a picture of an actual beaver.  He used great grammar and detail in his writing.  

Below is my comment for Daquan’s post,“Largest Rodent.” 

Hi Daquan! 
I’m a student at the University of South Alabama. I must say, I have learned so much about beavers by reading only two paragraphs! You presented excellent facts in your post, as well as a nice picture. Good job.  :)

C4K#3:
My third C4K assignment was Kailey from Mrs. Hartman's 4th grade class in Pennsylvania.  Kailey titled her post, “Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules.”  In this post, Kailey is telling her readers how she has just started reading the second book of the “Diary of a wimpy Kid,” series.  She is describing Greg’s first day back at school and how he has “cheese touch,” so no one wants to be near him.  She talk about a character from the book who is debating on cheating off of the smartest kid in class.  Kailey then asks her readers if they would cheat off the smartest kid in class, if given the chance.  


Below is my comment Kailey’s post, “Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules.’’

Hi Kailey!
I'm a student at the University of South Alabama.  You did an awesome job explaining the story so far.  "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books are so fun and entertaining to read.  I loved your use of detail in your writing.  I don't know what "cheese touch," is and I don't think I would want to find out!  I don't think it is a very good idea to cheat off someone, even if they're  the smartest kid in class.  Anyone that studies and tries hard will do just fine on their own and feel better about it! Great post! :)

-Erika Owen


C4K#4:
For my fourth C4K assignment for the month of February, I was assigned Lily from Mrs. Maslowski's 3rd period class at Joliet West High School in Illinois.  Lily’s post was titled, “Valentines Day Vs. Friday the 13th.”  In this post, she is choosing whether she likes Valentines Day or Friday the 13th.  Lily points out that she likes scaring others and also likes superstitions, so she decides that she enjoys Friday the 13th over Valentines Day.  Lily also briefly talks about “karma,”  is a superstition and how she does not agree with it.  

Below is my comment to Lily:

Hi Lily!
My name is Erika Owen and I’m a junior at the University of South Alabama.  This was an interesting post.  I never thought to compare both Valentines Day and Friday the 13th.  I can see why Friday the 13th is more enjoyable for you, since you like scaring people and scary movies! I bet you really enjoy Halloween time!  Karma is believed by a great deal of people and religions, such as Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism.

Great post!

No comments:

Post a Comment