Friday, April 10, 2015

C4T March Summary

http://dochorsetales.blogspot.com/I was assigned Dr.Joseph McCaleb’s blog to comment on this month.  He also goes by the name DocHorseTales because he is a doctor who has a passion for riding horses and storytelling.  The first blog I commented on was “The Infinite in One Step.” I believe the main point of this blog, is to take each day one step at a time. He speaks about naysayers and how they “chastises me for not setting goals, counting costs, and allocating resources.” He uses a couple of quotes from Ghalib and William Blakes. McCaleb ends his blog post with saying, “Something as small as just taking one next step can breathe with the infinite.” My comment on, “The Infinite in One Step” is below.

Dr. McCaleb, 

I agree that we should take life as it comes to us.  I also agree that as teachers, we must have courage, discipline, and dedication to be a successful teacher.  



http://dochorsetales.blogspot.com/The second comment I had to leave, was on Dr.McCaleb’s post, “On Destiny and Consciousness.” In this post, he is discussing destiny and how it plays into our lives.  He speaks about how it as taken him most of his life to create a hopeful outlook of destiny. He says that good stories speak of destiny.  McCaleb quotes James Hillman throughout this articular post.  
Below is my second comment for Dr. Joseph Mccaleb.

I really enjoyed this post and hearing about yours and James Hillmas's outlook on destiny! 
"To be mindless or to be sleep-walking tells of an absent minder. Whatever we worship names the god of the temple of our dwelling." - I love that!
Thanks for sharing!

-Erika Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment